Motor Vehicle Services

  1. Anoka County License Centers Will Be Closed in Observance of Memorial Day

    License Centers will be closed on Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day. Please expect higher than average wait times on Friday, May 22nd and Tuesday, May 26th. Thank you for your patience.
  2. Offices Temporarily Closed

    Our Blaine, Columbia Heights, Ham Lake, and Ramsey License Centers are closed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please check back for updates. Read on...
View All

The Anoka County License Centers offer a wide variety of Motor Vehicle related services. In addition to issuing and renewing vehicle registration, we can also handle your vehicle title transactions, issue and apply for Specialized License Plates and even expedite the processing time for a number of different transactions.

Effective January 1, 2016, per Minnesota Statutes 2014, Section 169.798 ,Subdivision 4

Every owner applying for a self-propelled motor vehicle or motorcycle/moped registration, re-registration, or transfer of ownership must provide proof of insurance. Required insurance information includes the insurance company’s name, the policy number and the policy expiration date for the motor vehicle or motorcycle.

Please note:

Anoka County does not collect Wheelage Tax on vehicles kept in Anoka County. If you live in Anoka County and keep your vehicle(s) at home when not in use or have a business in Anoka County and keep your vehicle(s) at your business during non-working hours, you are not required to pay Wheelage tax. If these conditions apply and your renewal notice shows a charge for Wheelage Tax, please visit any license center, they will be able to remove this fee from your total due.

Below is a list of services that all of the License Centers offer. Please follow the links to get more information on each service.