The CareerForce in Blaine Career Lab serves as a business office for job seekers featuring the tools and resources needed to find a job or make a career change.
Our knowledgeable staff is ready to guide you through all steps of job search and career planning. We’re happy to:
- Tell you about all the service available at CareerForce in Blaine and any special services for which you may qualify
- Help you use MinnesotaWorks.net, our online job bank, and other employment web sites to search for and apply for jobs
- Help you research local employers that are hiring
- Help you understand the fundamentals of a successful job search and help you apply those basics as you plan your own job search
- Offer advice about how to write effective resumes and cover letters
- Help you set up free email accounts to keep to contact and follow up with prospective employers
- Assist you with taking a typing test where you can print your results to take to employers
- Teach you to use the Internet effectively in your job search
- Recommend other resources and services in your community @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
A wide variety of computer software is available for your use, including programs to help with career planning, computer skills development, and effective Internet job searches.
In addition, we provide free email accounts and Internet access to all job seekers.
- A telephone for reaching potential employers or networking contacts
- Photocopy machines for copying resumes or other information needed to prepare for job interviews
- Computers and software for creating and updating resumes, plus internet access for job-search related research
- Printers for producing high-quality resumes and other job-search related documents
- Fax machines for sending your reumes and other related documents to potential employers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
We offer assistive technology to help customers with disabilities better use our services and resources.
The Career Lab is equipped with computer software and equipment to help people who are blind, visually impaired, or have other physical impairments to use computer programs, web sites, and read printed materials.
We offer a wide variety of books and directories to help with job hunting and career planning. Subject areas include:
- Business and employer directories
- Conducting basic job searches
- Writing resumes and cover letters
- Interviewing and salary negotiation
- Career planning and development
- Labor market information @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>