Pay Property Taxes
Abatement of Property Tax Penalties in Response to COVID-19
May 26, 2020 - In recognition of the unprecedented disruption the COVID-19 pandemic has caused, the Anoka County Board of Commissioners adopted Resolution #2020-65, granting qualified property owners two more months to pay property taxes without penalty.
This abatement is NOT automatic; owners must fill out an application and meet certain conditions:
- First payment missed due to a financial hardship directly related to to the COVID-19 state, federal or local emergency declaration.
- Applies only to current year non-escrow properties with under $50,000 annual property tax owed by the taxpayer.
- Excludes railroad and utility parcels.
- First half payment is made in full by July 15, 2020.
If qualified, please print this application and complete the first page. Return the signed original to our public service counter, via mail or place in a county drop box (see address and drop box locations under Payment Methods below). You may also email a copy. Call 763-323-5400 with any questions.
You can also pay your property taxes:
- By mail, using the pre-addressed envelopes included with your tax statement. Or with your own envelope addressed to: Anoka County Property Records and Taxation, 2100 3rd Ave, Room 119, Anoka, MN 55303
- Drop Box locations. Click for more information (NO POSTAGE REQUIRED)
- In person, at the Public Service Counter in the Anoka County Government Center
- Where can I find an online tax statement to print off for my use?
- When are my property taxes due?
- What locations will take my property tax payment?
- Is there a grace period for paying my property taxes?
- If I pay my property taxes late, is there a penalty?
- What is "Tax Capacity Value?"
- What is "Tax Capacity Rate?"
- What is a "Truth in Taxation Notice" (TNT)?
- What happens at the Truth in Taxation meetings?
- My school district held a referendum at the November general election. If it passed, is the increase reflected on this Truth in Taxation Notice?
- What factors affect my property taxes?
- Who determines my property tax?
- Does increasing property value always increase my taxes?
- What is "Fiscal Disparities?"
- What is "Tax Increment Financing?"
- Why do I have to pay late fees if I didn’t receive my tax statement?
- What are the waste management fees?