Vehicle Entry Permit

Purchase your annual vehicle permit online.

All motorized vehicles are required to purchase a vehicle entry permit to the regional parks. Entry permits are available year round at the Bunker Hills Activities Center, Wargo Nature Center, and Anoka County License Centers and seasonally at park gatehouses and visitor centers. A reduced rate is available when purchasing a second or third permit at the time of purchasing the initial permit. Please ask your Guest Services Representative for more information.

The annual permit is honored at all Anoka County regional parks as well as regional parks in Washington County.

Permit expires the last day of the month.

Vehicle Permits are required for the following parks:
Bunker Hills Regional Park
Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park
Lake George Regional Park
Rice Creek Chain of Lakes Park Reserve
Rum River Central Regional Park

Replacement Permits

Replacement permits will only be issued if the actual permit is presented. It must be identifiable as a current permit, display the month it expires, and contain at least part of the permit number. If these conditions are all met, a free replacement permit that expires the same month as the existing permit will be given.

Missing vehicle permits or vehicle permits damaged too badly to meet the above conditions will need to be re-purchased at full price.

Replacement permits can only be issued at the Parks Office in the Bunker Hills Activities Center.

A reduced rate of $4 for a daily permit or $25 for an annual permit is available for individuals with disabilities.
Daily Permit Annual Permit
$6 per day $30

Active Duty Military, Purple Heart or Disabled Veteran

Free permits will be granted under the following guidelines:

  • Any active military service personnel stationed outside of Minnesota within the past 90 days
  • Military personnel or their spouse who have a federal government access pass to federal recreational sites
  • Any veteran with any level of service-connected disability
  • Purple Heart recipient

Free annual permits will be issued from the Parks Office or Bunker Hills Campground Visitor Center to document the number of passes distributed to each veteran. One free permit will be issued per veteran. Veterans will need to present one of the following forms of ID:

  • Current military orders and military ID
  • Federal government access pass to federal recreational sites and military ID
  • A copy of your determination letter or Veterans Affairs Healthcare I.D. indicating a service- connected disability and a photo ID

Veteran Discount

In an effort to recognize the service of all veterans, the Parks Department offers a discounted rate of $10 off an annual permit and $2 off a daily entry permit for all veterans. In order to receive the  discounted rate, veterans will need to present one of the following documents at a gatehouse or visitor center (seasonal availability) or year round at the Bunker Hills Activities Center, Parks Office:

  • DD214 form
  • Veteran’s ID Card

For more information or questions, call 763-324-3300.