Economic Assistance


To provide effective services with a focus on dignity and self-sufficiency


A community of connection and support

MNsure Announces Special Enrollment Period

Beginning Tuesday, February 16, MNsure will open a three-month special enrollment period to help any Minnesotan not currently enrolled through MNsure secure health insurance coverage. This announcement follows the nationwide special enrollment period established by President Biden for those states who use, the federally run health insurance marketplace. MNsure’s special enrollment period will run until Friday, July 16th.

This upcoming special enrollment period is another opportunity for uninsured Minnesotans, or those currently enrolled outside of MNsure, to sign up for comprehensive coverage. Those who enroll during this time will have coverage that begins on the first day of the month following their sign-up date.

For more information, please review MNsure’s press release. We will provide assisters with more details on how to help consumers apply for this special enrollment period by next week.


Economic Assistance is currently closed to in-person visitors. This includes all Economic Assistance public facing offices, Anoka, Blaine, Columbia Heights and Lexington. You may apply online as directed below. You may also call our EZ info line at 763-422-7200 to request an application to be mailed to you.  Your application will be processed and interviews will be conducted via phone.

Document Drop Off Locations 

Anoka County is now accepting a variety of paperwork at three county locations and only vehicle tab renewals at two others. The locations accepting paperwork including vehicle tab renewals, property tax documents, child support and economic assistance applications, and reporting forms are:

Paperwork that CANNOT be accepted at drop boxes are documents related to legal service, litigation, or court matters. If your child support, economic assistance (EA), or property tax paperwork involves a petition or claim to the Anoka County Attorney, those documents MUST be served on the County Attorney. Please see your child support/EA paperwork for service by mail directions regarding legal proceedings. Questions about legal documents can be directed to the County Attorney’s Office: 763-324-5550.

Paperwork can also be submitted by email to You may also mail any paperwork to our mailing address listed on this page.


Online application for Public Assistance

Paper Application for Public Assistance

Unemployment Application

Email documents and forms to Public Assistance

How to Apply Online

Where to Get Help

  • Call the EZ Info Line at 763-422-7200 for information about programs and how to apply. If you call during office hours, you can also use the EZ info line to request an application or speak to a customer service representative. If you want to apply online, please go to We are suspending in  person applications and interviews until after March 30.   All interviews will be conducted via phone
  • Minnesota Child Support Online - For those already participating in child support, the State of Minnesota has a secure interactive web site with direct access to case information. MN Child Support Online
  • Minnesota Department of Human Services Fraud Hotline - 651-431-3968 or toll-free 800-627-9977.

Food Shelf Grocery Delivery

Free delivery from food shelves is available through Anoka County Transit with support of the Met Council. The participating food shelves are: ACBC, NACE, Salvation Army, SACA, and Centennial Community Food Shelf.

To place an order, call the food shelf closest to you and let them know you would like delivery from the food shelf. They will ask you for some information regarding the order. The food shelf will connect with Anoka County Transit to coordinate the pick-up. Anoka County Transit will contact you with the delivery information.

Delivery service is provided Monday -Friday, 6:00 am – 7:00 pm.

You can book up to one week in advance, though limited same day delivery is an option if needed.

Anyone can access the delivery service through Anoka County Transit. Food shelves may still have their service boundary area and number of visit restrictions in place.

Available Programs