Auctioneers Must be Licensed
Minnesota Statute 330 requires that:
- Auctioneers who reside in Minnesota must be licensed in their county of residence.
- Out-of-state auctioneers, in Minnesota for an auction, need to apply for an Auctioneer License three weeks in advance with bond, application, Irrevocable Consent, copy of home state's license and auctioneer statute. Minnesota must verify reciprocity before Anoka County can issue a license to an out-of-state auctioneer.
How To Obtain
- Fill out the Auctioneer License application form (PDF) and the Certification of Compliance form (PDF).
- The application form must also be signed by a Notary Public (it can be notarized at the Government Center Vital Records Office).
- Submit the forms with required fee to the Government Center Vital Records Office (in person or by mail)
- This license cannot be obtained at Anoka County License Centers.
- A surety bond is required in the amount of $1,000, designating Anoka County on the line that reads "bound onto _______."
Fill out the
- Auctioneer License application form (PDF)
- Certification of Compliance form (PDF) (Minnesota Workers' Compensation Law)
- Irrevocable Consent to Service of Process form (PDF)
- The forms must also be signed by a Notary Public.
- Obtain a certified copy of the applicant's current auctioneer's license from home state and copy of home state's auction laws (reciprocity must be established).
- At least three weeks in advance of the event, mail the complete application, Irrevocable Consent, Surety Bond and required fee to the Vital Records Office.
- Download the Auctioneer License application (PDF) form
- Download the Certification of Compliance (PDF) form
- Pick up the application form and compliance form at the Government Center Vital Records Office or request the application and compliance form be sent to you.
Out-of-state auctioneers must also submit:
- Irrevocable Consent to Service of Process form
- Copy of home state's auctioneer license
- Copy of auctioneer statute from home state.
- Notarization requires a Driver's License or State Identification Card.
- The license fee is $20