Recommendations and Resources for Renters and Homeowners
- Falling behind on housing payments due to COVID-19? See if you’re eligible for help: Call 211 (Toll Free: 1.800.543.7709; Local: 651.291.0211), go to www.211unitedway.org, or text “MNRENT” or “MNHOME” to 898-211.
- COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program (CHAP)
- Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) - 763-324-1215
- Economic Assistance - EZ Info Line 763-422-7200
Anoka County Housing Resource Line: 763-324-1215
Select from the menu options to be connected to an agency that may be able to help. This is not crisis housing.
For Veterans who may be homeless
Anoka County Veteran Services Office
Financial Assistance for Veterans
Click here for a list of resources for singles, families and youth in Anoka County and beyond.
Housing Link allows you to search for affordable rental units where you choose
Housing Benefits 101: Plan for your home, with the services you need. Explore housing options. Discover what works for you and make a plan to get there.
- Need help with car repairs, insurance or vehicle registration? Click here for more information.
- For unemployment insurance questions or applications, please visit the website or call:
Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090
TTY - users: 1-866-814-1252
- The Bridge to Benefits provides an online tool for self-screening for public assistance benefits. By answering a few simple questions, you will be able to see if you or someone else may be eligible for public support programs. It does not ask you for information that identifies you. It’s easy, confidential and free!
- Economic Assistance lists detailed information about cash, food, emergency, healthcare, child support and funeral assistance, including how to apply.
Anoka County Public Health is working diligently with the MN Department of Health on COVID-19
Click here to be redirected to the Anoka County Public Health’s website.
Domestic Violence/Sexual Violence Shelter
10065 3rd St NE
Blaine, MN 55434
The Dwelling Place
Domestic Abuse/Transitional Housing Shelter
940 - 44th Avenue NE
Unit Number 21307
Columbia Heights, MN 55421
Family Promise in Anoka County
14515 Nowthen Boulevard NW
Ramsey, MN 55303
Stepping Stones Emergency Housing
Single Adult Shelter
3300 4th Avenue N
Cronin Building Number 14
Anoka, MN 55303
MNSure is a new, one-stop health insurance marketplace where Minnesotans can find and compare health plans, and choose the coverage that fits their needs. MNSure offers low rates and help paying for health insurance.
Disability Benefits 101 gives you tools and information on health coverage, benefits, and employment. You can plan ahead and learn how work and benefits go together.
Clothing outreach - Mobile Clothing Closet
Calendar for Cities in Anoka County
3rd Sunday of the month in Andover
1st Monday of the month in Ham Lake
3rd Monday of the month in Blaine
4th Tuesday of the month in Fridley
3rd Thursday of the month in Coon Rapids
2nd Friday of the month in Blaine
3rd Friday of the month in Andover
4th Friday of the month in St Francis
Anoka County Economic Assistance
EZ Info Line: 763-422-7200
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Cash, Emergency Assistance, Child Care Assistance
Home Line: Free legal help for renters
Judicare: Free legal representation in non-criminal matters to low income residents of Anoka County.
Mediation Services: Low-cost or no-cost peaceful dispute resolution alternatives.
Landlords and Tenant Rights and Responsibilities Handbook (PDF) of Minnesota
This handbook is a summary of the laws that govern the landlord-tenant relationship, it is not legal advice.
Senior Services through Anoka County
Senior LinkAge Line: 800-333-2433
Anoka County Veteran Services Office
Minnesota Assistance Council for Veterans
Minneapolis Veteran Affairs Office
Youth resources (PDF) - Anoka County Community Resource Guide
Emma B. Howe YMCA (24 and under)
Youth Intervention Services
Disability Linkage Line
United Way 211