Property Tax Refund Program

Renters may qualify for a property tax refund based on their household income, number of dependents, and how much property tax they paid through rent on their principal place of residence.

Your landlord is required to give you a completed Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) no later than January 31st of each year. You will need the CRP to determine your refund, and you must include it with your completed Form M1PR. 

File for a Refund

Claim your refund by filing Form M1PR. Find the form and instructions at the Minnesota Department of Revenue 24-hour automated help line at 651-296-3781 or 800-652-9094 to have a form sent to you. TTY users, call 711 for Minnesota Relay.

Filing deadline is August 15.