THE LAW LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
WE ARE AVAILABLE TO ASSIST THE PUBLIC THROUGH PHONE OR E-MAIL.
CALL THE LAW LIBARY AT 763-324-5560 OR
E-MAIL US AT LAWLIBRARIAN@CO.ANOKA.MN.US
At this time, all clinics are cancelled until further notice. We will notify impacted patrons with appointments.
Our mission is to enhance access to justice for all by providing legal information and tools to the people of Anoka County. To that end, the Anoka County Law Library will 1) maintain adequate print and online legal resources for use of its patrons; 2) provide legal reference and referral services to its users; and 3) collaborate with existing organizations to provide legal information and services in a cost-effective manner.
John Murphy, Law Library Director
Honorable Kristin Larson, Law Library Board of Trustees President
Family Law Clinics
The Anoka County Family Law Clinic provides lawyers who may be able to review your legal papers, answer questions about the law, and advise you about court proceedings. The attorneys can advise you about divorces, orders for protection, child support motions, custody matters and parenting time (visitation). These lawyers provide a brief service but do not represent you in court. This is a joint program with Anoka County Law Library and Central Minnesota Legal Services. Appointments are required and fill up fast! Click here fore more details about the Anoka County Family Law Clinic.
The University of Minnesota Law School sends students during each semester to answer family law questions. There are limited appointments available, but you can also walk in the day of the clinic. The students can assist you with questions concerning divorce, grandparent related issues, child support, custody, parenting time (visitation), and paternity actions. Click here fore more details about the U of MN Family Law Clinic.
Call 763-324-5560 to set up appointments for these clinics.
Criminal Expungement Clinic
One Monday every month, we partner with the Volunteer Lawyers Network and Central Minnesota Legal Services for a presentation and clinic to assist those in search of criminal expungement. At 1:30 the attorneys will give a presentation about the process. Following the presentation, they will meet with anyone who has questions and provide additional information. Click here for more details about the Criminal Expungement Clinic
- Legal Reference Assistance
- Photocopies -
- $0.15 per page.
- Coin-operated machine available if staff is unavailable
- Copy cards may also be purchased at the front desk for $20, $100, and $200 increments.
- If you are a student, ask library staff about student rates for copying.
- Computers - for internet access and document preparation
- Fax - $0.25 per page for local and $1 per page for long distance to send or receive.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microfiche / ultrafiche reader-printer
- Printing - $0.15 per page.
- Westlaw access
The collection is cataloged and classified according to the Library of Congress and is available online through the Minnesota State Law Library’s online catalog. Search the Minnesota State Law Library catalog.
Only selected materials are allowed to circulate and only to attorneys who are licensed to practice law in the state of Minnesota.
Library holdings include:
- NOLO Legal Topics written for non-lawyers
- Minnesota Statutes
- Minnesota Statutes Annotated
- Minnesota Rules
- Minnesota Practice Series
- United States Code Annotated
- Northwestern Reporter
- Supreme Courts Reports
- The entire American Law Reports Series
- Selected legal treatises and practice guides
- American Jurisprudence 2D (legal encyclopedia)
- Standing order to all Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Courses