Crime Victims Assistance

Domestic Assault Victims

If you have been a victim of domestic assault, these are your rights:

  • To ask the city or county attorney to file a criminal complaint
  • To go to court and file a petition requesting an order for protection against domestic abuse
  • The order could include the following:
    • Restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse
    • Directing the abuser to leave your household
    • Preventing the abuser from entering your home, school, business, or place of employment
    • Awarding you or the other parent custody of or visitation with your minor children
    • Directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a court order to do so

Victim Information Notification Everyday (VINE)

Victim Information Notification Everyday (VINE) is available in Anoka County. VINE is a free, 24-hour telephone service that provides notification on an offender's release, transfer, or other status information. Victims and the public may register at any time for notification by calling the toll-free line 1-877-MN-4-VINE (877-664-8463), register online, or by using their new VINE mobile app.

Do not depend solely on the VINE service for your protection. If you feel that you may be at risk, take precautions as if the offender has already been released.

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Homeland Security Investigation

Victim Notification

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), is committed to protecting the public and ensuring that the rights of victims are carefully observed. HSI administers the Victim Notification Program which allows eligible victims and witness's to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien's release from custody. However, victims and witness's are required to register with HSI in order to receive notification of an aliens release. For more information:ICE Victim Notification