Can we go camping?
Yes you can! We are accepting reservations but please review the guidelines and changes below prior to booking.
The State of Minnesota provided new campground guidelines that allow for our campgrounds to open beginning June 1. To meet these guidelines, with the focus of the health of our guests and staff as the top priority, we have made changes to the operations of our campgrounds to encourage social distancing and decrease face-to-face interaction.
- All reservations must be done by phone or online.
- Check out time will be changed from 1 PM to 12 PM to allow additional time between site occupancy. No early check-in will be allowed.
- Guests will need to complete their registration card online (Bunker Hills, Rice Creek) prior to arrival.
- To ensure Camper Cabins can be disinfected properly and have sufficient time between occupancy, one reservation group will be allowed per cabin, per weekend (Thursday – Sunday). Camper cabin reservations are available by phone only.
- To allow for proper social distancing between campsites, some campsites will be closed.
- The group campsites will only be allowed to host one household at a time of up to 10 people.
We will contact anyone with a reservation impacted by these changes to adjust, reschedule or cancel your reservation.
- Only members in the same household can camp at a site.
- No gathering between sites (pulling together picnic tables, sitting around a shared campfire, etc).
- No guests are allowed; only registered campers can be in the campground.
- When you arrive, proceed directly to your site. You no longer need to check-in at the visitor center.
- Outdoor surfaces and amenities cannot be effectively sanitized. Plan to provide your own table coverings, disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer for personal use.
Restrooms & Facility Information
- Bathrooms and shower buildings will be cleaned at least 3 times a day. Restrooms will be converted to single-unit, unisex facilities — pay attention to signage.
- Self-contained camping units should limit use of public restroom and shower facilities.
- Limit time in restrooms and showers to reduce wait times
- RV fill and dump stations will be open.
- Jug fillers will be available; drinking fountains will not be.
- Firewood and fire starters will be available for purchase when the visitor center is open (credit card only).
- Recycling bags will not be distributed; please bring your own.
- Campground hosts are available after visitor center hours for assistance/emergencies. Purchases can only be done during staffed visitor center hours.
- All campground users should have a mask in case of the need to use an emergency shelter that does not allow for social distancing.
- Remember to keep 6 feet between yourself and others.
- If you are sick or experiencing respiratory symptoms, do not come camping. Full refunds will be given for reservations canceled ahead of time.
- For Park system information and other operational information regarding our Covid-19 response, visit the website at www.anokacountyparks.com.
- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources has provided the following guidelines to help you prepare for your next camping trip.
If you would like to cancel, adjust, or have questions regarding your reservation, contact the Parks Office at email@example.com or 763-324-3300.