Several Transportation Items Approved
The board voted to approve multiple transportation items. Those items include:
- A contract amendment for design services for the reconstruction of Foley Boulevard, from East River Road to Coon Rapids Boulevard in Coon Rapids.
- A joint powers agreement with the City of Anoka for a countywide overlay program on 7th Avenue from Buchanan Street to a point about 600 feet north of 38th Lane in Anoka.
- A contract agreement for the reconstruction of Birch Street from Hokah Drive to 550 feet east of West Shadow Lake Drive in Lino Lakes.
- A contract for improvements at the intersection of Highway 47 and Bunker Lake Boulevard in the cities of Anoka and Ramsey.
- A joint powers agreement with the Metropolitan Council for parking lot revisions at the Coon Rapids park and ride facility along Foley Boulevard.
For more information on these items, click HERE. To watch the video on these items, click HERE.
County Accepts Gift from Coon Lake Improvement Association
The board accepted a $500 donation from the Coon Lake Improvement Association. This money will be used to assist in electrical panel upgrades for the east bay of Coon Lake, which will help with conservation efforts at the lake by allowing a second aerator to be installed. This aerator will improve oxygen levels in the lake during the wintertime.
Parks Director Provides Update on Record Year at Chomonix Golf Course
Anoka County Parks Director Jeff Perry provided the board with a brief update on the 2020 golf season at Chomonix Golf Course in Lino Lakes. Last year proved to be a banner year, with a record amount of golf played at the course. To watch the presentation, click HERE.
To watch the full board meeting, click HERE.