Welcome to the Anoka County Highway Department!
Effective June 1, 2021, Anoka County resumed the Adopt-a-Highway program. Read on...
Planning a Garage, Yard or Estate Sale? Advertising your Business? No matter the type of sale or business, remember that State law prohibits the placement of signs in the public right-of-way. Read on...
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and to protect our customers and employees, Anoka County closed all its public-facing services effective March 17, 2020; they remain closed until further notice. Even though face-to-face visits have been eliminated for now, we are still available to help you via email, phone and virtual visits.
If you need information, please call the Highway Department Front Desk at 763-324-3100.
If you need to speak to someone regarding a Permit, please call Sue at 763-324-3176.
Current Traffic Conditions
Please use caution and drive safely! Remember, as you travel through work zones, to reduce your speed, adjust your lane position away from workers, and prepare for the unexpected. If possible, use alternate routes, and be sure to allow extra time for your trip. Road projects may cause some inconvenience now, but the benefits will be a safer and more efficient roadway system later. Watch for road signs and articles in local newspapers to keep you informed.
Your patience and cooperation is sincerely appreciated.
Vision, Mission and Values
Our Vision is to enhance and protect life by providing safe roads and eliminating congestion.
Each section of the Transportation Division contributes to this vision with teams of skilled professionals fulfilling a specific Mission:
- Road Maintenance protects, preserves, and improves travel on our highway system.
- Planning, Engineering, and Right-of-Way, through collaborative partnerships and stakeholder involvement, deliver high-quality, cost-effective highway projects to meet current and future transportation needs.
- Traffic Services provides traffic engineering analysis and evaluations to monitor and plan for safer highways.
- Signal Services enhances our highway system by implementing traffic control technology to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Sign Services provides highway users with effective guidance through the ongoing installation, repair and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Fleet Services supports the highway operations by providing highly effective and efficient maintenance of the fleet and equipment.
- Transit and Commute Solutions educate the public on transportation alternatives.
- The Surveyor's Office provides surveying and right-of-way platting services for highway projects.
- GIS provides applications, along with an interactive construction map, to search for Anoka County detailed property information, and information on road construction projects, road and intersection closures, detour routes, road maintenance, and more.
- Administration provides direction and support for all Highway Department operations.
We will live our Values by striving to have a work environment consisting of:
- Collaboration / Teamwork
- Personal Accountability