Protect Your Valuables
Operation ID is a program for identifying your valuables to make them less desirable to steal. Operation ID has two parts:
- First, you document the serial numbers on all your easily stolen valuables so they can be identified as yours.
- Second, you display a sticker which tells burglars that you have marked your property.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office is a strong advocate of Operation ID. What makes Operation ID so effective is that is forces you to document your serial numbers and if a thief is caught with items in his/her possession, it's solid evidence of possession of stolen goods.
Get Your Stuff Back
Many times the Sheriff's Office has taken burglary reports from residents who did not know the make, model, or serial number of their stolen property. This makes it difficult for us to recover their valuables. Often during our investigations, we come across property that we know to be stolen, but we are unable to trace the owners.
Here is how you get started:
- Call 763-324-5179 to request your Operation ID number.
- Personal Property Inventory forms and Operation ID stickers will be mailed to you.
- Identify the valuables in your home and garage.
- Record the item, brand, model and serial number on the Personal Property Inventory forms.
- Make copies of the Personal Property Inventory forms. One copy should be kept at a secure location outside your home.
Your Operation ID number is yours for life. If you move, please contact our office so we can update your information.
The Anoka County Sheriff's Office supports the Operation ID program for residents in Andover, Nowthen, Bethel, Columbus, East Bethel, Ham Lake, Linwood Township, and Oak Grove. Local police departments provide this service in other cities in the county.