Anoka County residents can vote in advance of election day by casting an absentee ballot:
In-Person Absentee Voting (vote early in person)
Follow the link above for more information regarding in-person absentee voting.
Absentee Voting by Mail (vote early by mail)
Ways to Apply
- Print and return a paper application -
- Request a paper application to be sent to you by mail
Returning Paper Applications
- Email: send to firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a New Window.
- Mail: Anoka County Elections, 2100 3rd Avenue, Suite W130, Anoka, MN 55303
- Fax: 763-324-1160
2020 Absentee Dates & Deadlines
All absentee voting by mail or in-person starts 46 days before each election. The absentee periods for the 2020 elections are as follows:
Special Elections: County Commissioner District 6 & Lino Lakes Council Member - Tuesday, February 11, 2020
- December 27, 2019 - February 10, 2020
Presidential Nomination Primary Election- Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- January 17, 2020 - March 2, 2020
Applications returned before the start of the absentee period will have their ballots sent out on the first day of the absentee period. After the start of the absentee period, ballots will be mailed out as soon as applications are received, typically within one business day.
- Absentee ballots returned by mail must arrive by 8 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.
- Voters may also drop off their own voted absentee ballot (or through an agent) in person to the County. Ballots must be dropped of by 3 p.m. on Election Day in order to be counted.
- Within the last 7 days prior to the election, voters in special situations can use the agent delivery process to vote absentee. You can find more information on that process online.